Wednesday (Day Three)
Yesterday I was feeling a bit uneasy about checking on my strawberries - but I could have never guessed what happened...
All of my strawberries had gone! Munched up! I was just in time to see the culprit dash away into some nearby bushes! So I spent the rest of the day making plans:
1. Snails are not my very best friends anymore.
2. I want new strawberries
3. They will have to be guarded
4. So - we need Scaresnails!
Thursday ( Day Four)
Today we “hired” some strong looking scaresnails to protect my new strawberry plants. They seem a happy lot - and willing to do the job!
We carefully chose a nice spot nearer to the house and started planting. Maylivia, my daughter, had the wonderful idea to make a “Keep Out Snails” sign, so we set that up also.
I have a good feeling this works! Just checked before going to bed. No snails except of the scaresnails. The strawberries seem to be growing very fast. Probably I will be cooking Marmalade by the end of next week - so I should start to collect jars...
(to be continued...)